Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Something great for those who love pie's like pumpkin, and dislike squash in general. I personally do not like squash but when I made this, I couldn't believe it, I loved it!
- 1 cup evaporated milk (PET)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup honey or 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups cooked yellow squash
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- Slice and cook squash in small amount (covering squash) of water until tender. Drain and cool.
- In blender, blend milk, eggs, cinnamon and honey. Add cooked squash (cooled). Blend together for 2 to 3 minutes. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 400°F for ten minutes, then turn oven down to 350°F and cook for 35 minutes or until set (pie doesn't juggle when moved).
- Cool; refrigerate until cold then serve. Or you can eat it warm like my family prefers--your choice.
This was a great disguise for yellow squash. Everyone thought it was a pumpking pie :) I used honey and you can really taste it, I probably will use brown sugar next time. Yes there will be a next time! Very easy to fix, especially since i had a pie crust in the freezer. I microwaved the squash then drained/cooled then into the blender. Perfect! Thank you for posting Chef!
This is a good recipe but we substituted Condensed milk instead of evarorated milk and we think it came out a lot better. It adds a better texture and flavor to the pie. We also used light brown sugar instead of regular sugar. Thinking that that honey might be too much with the condensed milk.