Recipe by Wanderer
My mom made this pie all the time growing up. It is really great for kids and those who don't like squash too much. It really is a pie- it's sweet and yummy. People are surprised when you tell them that it has squash in it. It can be frozen for the winter as well and is a great way to have yummy squash all year long. I even like eating them frozen- like ice cream.
Top Review by Jennican
Wow! I decided to try this pie on a whim, it is awsome! If you really like yellow squash and love the taste of it you really out to try it like this. You can taste the squash but it is not overbearing. It's really good as a matter of fact im making two today!
- 1 3⁄4 cups cooked yellow squash, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- unbaked pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Place squash in blender.
- Add flour (sifted) and sugar into blender.
- Add eggs and milk into blender.
- Add other flavoring last in blender (lemon, vanilla).
- Blend well and pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Add a few dashes of cinnamon to the top of the pie before putting it in the oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minute or until custard is firm.