Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This unusual but delicious pie tastes much like lemon custard.
- 2 cups yellow squash, cooked and drained well
- 4 whole eggs, lightly blended
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon extract
- 9 inches pie plate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook (steaming works well) enough yellow squash (crookneck, not butternut or such) to a nice soft consisitency, enough to equal 2 full cups cooked and drained, about 20 minutes.
- In mixing bowl, combine squash, eggs and sugar; stir, but do not beat.
- Add lemon extract.
- Pour into a lightly buttered pie plate and bake approximately 40 minutes at 350 degrees or until pie is custard consistency. Let cool and chill in refrigerator.
- Serve cold. Tastes like lemon custard.
- Note: recipe originally had 1 cup sugar, which has been reduced to 3/4 cup (or even less, depending on your preferred taste).
This was extremely easy. I substituted green squash since it's growing wild in my garden. I thought it was a little to sweat but others liked it that way.
Excellent and great tasting. Easy prep!!!!! My guest loved it! :-)
Just tasted like sweet squash with lemon flavor to us. We didn't like it at all. We are not very picky eaters but couldn't handle this. Very easy to make but sorry to say it was easier to through away.