Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
So good! They're addictive!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups grated yellow squash
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 -3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine first 6 ingredients and beat well with an electric mixer.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Drop mixture by tablespoons onto a hot greased skillet.
- Cook until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
Liked your recipe just fine but had to experiment a little. Changed the cheese to pepper jack. substituted seasoned bread crumbs for 1/2 the flour. Seasoned salt instead regular salt. They rock! Took them to a party and they were gone in a few minutes.
i tried the recipe and found that it needed more spice like red pepper and i would suggest using extra sharp cheddar cheese.also, i used evaporated milk. it gave the patties a richer flavor.
A nice change for squash. I enjoyed them very much. For a little stronger taste, use green zucchini. I'll make these again and again.