- 3 cups yellow squash, cooked and drained
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped (I've also used green onions)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon season salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, if not already seasoned
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, add the squash, onion, egg and seasonings.
- Mix in the flour alittle at a time, stir until thick enough to drop by spoonfuls.
- In a fry pan, heat oil till hot about 350.
- Fry till lightly brown on both sides, remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Serve warm.