Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
A nice squash and herb combination.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups yellow squash, unpeeled, sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add squash. Sprinkle evenly with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook until squash is lightly browned and tender-crisp, 5 to 7 mintues. Turn squash several times while cooking to brown both sides.
Reviewed for ZWT9 - made as part of a Greek meal with Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breasts and Honey Almond Green Beans. We enjoyed our squash cooked this way - made a boring vege quite tasty. Photo also being posted.
this is so simple but the flavors all work would be a great side for spaghetti zwt9
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap # 45* This was a quick, easy and tasty veggie side. The garden squash were all gone, but they looked fresh at the super. Served with salmon fillets and yellow rice, made a healthy and colorful dinner. Thanks for posting, morgangeiser.