1/3 Photos of Yellow Squash Muffins
I found this recipe in a newspaper article many years ago. It's really delicious.The original recipe called for 1 cup melted butter. I use 1/2 cup butter & 1/2 cup applesauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash squash, trim ends, and cut into 1-inch slices.
- 2Cook in a small amount of water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 3Drain well and mash.
- 4Measure 2 cups of the cooked squash, combine with eggs, butter, and applesauce, and set aside.
- 5Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 6Make a well in center of mixture.
- 7Add squash to dry ingredients, stirring only until moist.
- 8Spoon into greased muffin tins, filling 3/4 full.
- 9Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yellow Squash Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1833 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.3
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 286.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 3.4 g