Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I still haven't made this but I am editing the recipe based on the reviewers' suggestions. :-)
- 4 small yellow squash
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated (or your favorite cheese)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Slice squash into equal sized rounds. You can cut a bigger squash in half instead of using the small ones, if you want to.
- Saute squash in butter until tender-crisp.
- Beat eggs with the grated cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over squash.
- Cook until eggs are cooked and puffy.
This Yellow Squash Frittata was Yummy! I used the creme fraiche (made from scratch). Served the squash dish with a roll of buttered lefse. A real treat.
Very nice frittata recipe. It has all kinds of possibilities and variations that can be made. Thanks for a good breakfast or lunch recipe. I served it with fresh bread and watermelon. Carole in Orlando
My husband loves squash so he made this for himself today. He also followed PaulaG's lead and sauteed the squash till crisp-tender instead of boiling it. It's also better cut into rings instead of diced small, for texture. He used egg subsitute and omitted the cheese to knock off all that cholesterol, so this was much healthier. This made a delicious satisfying brunch for him.