Cornbread dressing combined with cooked squash for a wonderful side to your chicken or turkey. Great for the Holidays.
- PreHeat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Place your diced or sliced yellow squash in a pot with the onions, green onions, garlic and just cover them with water. Bring to a boil and turn down a bit and cook til the yellow squach is nearly done and has softened.
- Carefully pour the water off reserving a bit (probably about 1/2 a cup) of the water.
- Add butter and spices.
- Mix in the cornbread, spices, soup mix, with the squash/veggie mixture, and pour into a glass casserole dish, or similar oven proof vessel.
- Place in oven for 45 mins uncovered. It's just that easy.
- Warning, do not use a sweet cornbread with this recipe.