Recipe by weekend cooker
a recipe with squash,veggies,and cheeses. I got this one through a friend of mine.
Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
This was really great. My family loved it but then how could you not with all that cheese! I left out the pimiento because of my little girl. Thanks weekend cooker! Made for 123 tag.
- 4 cups sliced yellow squash
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 (3 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened, and cubed
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese, drained
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted& divided
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken flavor stuffing mix, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- in alarge saucepan, cook squash, onion and grated carrots in slightly salted water, until crisp.
- Immediately while it is still hot, stir in cream cheese until it is completely melted.
- Add pimento, sour cream, cottage cheese, monterey jack cheese, and 4 tablespoons melted margarine, and mix very well.
- Stir in 1/2 of the stuffing mix, and the seasoning package that comes with the mix, and stir into squash mixture.
- Spoon into lightly greased 3 quart baking dish.].
- Sprinkle remaining stuffing over the top, & drizzlespread remaining margarine over the top.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 35 minutes.