Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
a recipe with squash,veggies,and cheeses. I got this one through a friend of mine.
- 4 cups sliced yellow squash
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 (3 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened, and cubed
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese, drained
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted& divided
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken flavor stuffing mix, divided
- in alarge saucepan, cook squash, onion and grated carrots in slightly salted water, until crisp.
- Immediately while it is still hot, stir in cream cheese until it is completely melted.
- Add pimento, sour cream, cottage cheese, monterey jack cheese, and 4 tablespoons melted margarine, and mix very well.
- Stir in 1/2 of the stuffing mix, and the seasoning package that comes with the mix, and stir into squash mixture.
- Spoon into lightly greased 3 quart baking dish.].
- Sprinkle remaining stuffing over the top, & drizzlespread remaining margarine over the top.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
This was really great. My family loved it but then how could you not with all that cheese! I left out the pimiento because of my little girl. Thanks weekend cooker! Made for 123 tag.
Had lots of squash and wanted to use it up. This was very good!
Wow was this good. I loved the combo of all the different cheeses. I used fat-free or reduced fat versions of all and added about 2 t of cornstarch for wateryness. I also cheated and cooked my squash in the microwave. Sped up the process just a little bit.