1/1 Photo of Yellow Squash Cornbread Muffins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash squash and trim ends. Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds (even if they are really small and immature. Chop the squash into chunks.
- 2Cook in a small amount of water in the microwave (covered) for 10-15 minutes or until the squash is mushy.
- 3Drain the water and use a food chopper to mash the squash to a pulp. Measure 2 cups.
- 4Combine the squash with eggs, butter, and applesauce, and set aside.
- 5Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 6Make a well in center of mixture.
- 7Add squash to dry ingredients, stirring only until moist.
- 8Spoon into greased muffin tins, filling 3/4 full.
- 9Bake at 375Â°F for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yellow Squash Cornbread Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1753 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.4
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.5 mg
- Sodium 243.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g