Recipe by xtine
The amount of Ritz crackers to use is one sleeve, but the Recipezaar brain doesn't understand that measurement. It comes out to about a cup when I crush them up using my Cuisinart.
- 2 lbs yellow squash, sliced
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup small cooked shrimp
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place squash and onion in a large pot. Add 1/4 cup of water. Cover and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until the squash is no longer white and hard in the center - this usually takes about 10 minutes, but could take longer if your squash slices are very thick. Drain the squash well.
- While squash is cooking, put butter, Velveeta and milk in a microwave safe bowl. Cover bowl loosely with waxed paper and microwave on high, stopping to stir mixture every 30 seconds or so.
- When butter and velveeta are melted, remove bowl from microwave.
- Mix together well-drained squash, cheese mixture, shrimp, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Ritz cracker crumbs, and add Tabasco to taste.
- You may top with breadcrumbs or additional cracker crumbs if you like.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.