Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dish can be served at simple family meals all the way to formal dinner parties! I have found that some people do not even realize they are eating squash. These are usually the people who say "But I don't even like squash!" as they are dishing up thier second helping!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (6 ounce) box cornbread stuffing mix (about 2 cups)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (celery or mushroom also work well)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 grated carrot
- 4 yellow squash, boiled &, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Mix butter and stuffing.
- Put half of stuffing in bottom of casserole dish.
- Mix all other ingredients, except reserved stuffing, in a bowl until well blended.
- Put on top of stuffing in casserole.
- Top with reserved stuffing mix.
- Bake in 325 oven for 20-25 minutes until hot.
I made this on 1/21/09 as part of mine and SO's dinner.The only changes I made was to use a 16 ounce bag frozen squash,that had been thawed out and drained really well, and to add some pepper.I think the the amount of butter should be cut down to at least 1/3 cup,because to us it seemed a bit on the greasy side. So, for us this won't be made again. But, thanks for posting anyway.
I've fixed this several times already. Followed the recipe exactly. People can't believe it doesn't contain cheese. I'm gonna try adding a cup of cooked diced chicken next time!