Recipe by Marie
This is a great side dish that goes with whatever you are serving. Because the squash is cooked, mashed and all ingredients added and then placed in a baking dish, it can be made ahead and baked at dinner time. This is YUM!
- 5 medium summer squash
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 small grated onion
- salt and pepper
- seasoned bread crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash squash and slice into 1/2" slices.
- Cook until tender, then drain.
- Mash squash and add butter, eggs, onion and salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a 1 1/2 quart casserole and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned.