Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe that I got from my Grandmother, but I am not sure where she got it from to begin with.
- 2 lbs yellow squash
- 1 medium onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups crackers, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Wash and slice squash and onion.
- Cook in water, just to cover. 10-15 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain and mash squash.
- Add all other ingredients, mix well.
- Bake in a buttered casserole. 300 degrees for 1 hour.