Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This came from a local church pamphlet.
Make and share this Yellow Squash Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb yellow squash, cooked and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 carrot, grated
- seasoned pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 10 ounces cream of celery soup or 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- Melt margarine and pour over stuffing mix.
- Combine vegetables with soup and sour cream.
- Add 1 cup of stuffing mix and 1/2 of the cheese.
- Top with remaining stuffing.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Gorgeous, tasty, and delicious! Very easy to put together and the aroma while baking is tremendous. I followed this exactly using cream of celery soup, although I confess to sauteing the onion, the carrot, peppers, in the melted butter and then put those veggies into the sour cream and soup. Will use this quite often in the summer and winter, this is one terrific recipe! Made for *Livestrong* Game