Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from "The Mississippi Cookbook." Recipe submitted by Mrs. Herbert Gillis of Mendenhall, MS.
- 2 cups yellow squash, cooked
- 1 cup cracker crumb, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sweet milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT cheese and paprika.
- Toss gently until well mixed.
- Place in greased 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese on top and sprinkle paprika on top of the cheese.
- Return to oven and bake another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and "bubbly".
- Remove and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley before serving.