Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 3 cups sliced yellow squash
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs, divided
- Combine yogurt, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, thyme and eggs and set aside.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and saute until tender, drain, and set aside.
- Place 1 cup of squash in a 2-quart casserole dish. Top with 1/3 of the onion and 1/3 of the yogurt mixture. Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs, cover, and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake until top is browned.