Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a little mixture I threw together using veggies in the crisper. Turned out darned good! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! I used pre shredded carrots from a bag which is a HUGE time saver. It is colorful and flavorful.
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons oil (I use new Enova oil, or vegetable oil)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced ginger
- soy sauce, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Wash squash and zucchini and cut in half.
- Cut each half into about 1/2 inch slices.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok.
- When oil is hot add red pepper.
- Cook about 3 minutes.
- Add squash, zucchini, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, pepper flakes and salt.
- Cook about 4 minutes or more until the squash are ALMOST the texture you prefer over medium high heat.
- Add carrots and cook at least 2 minutes more until carrots are how you prefer.
- Adjust seasonings and add the cilantro and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
This dish was so easy to make and very tasty. I made it twice in one week b/c it was so good! The second time we added broccoli and I thought that was very nice too. Thanks for sharing!!