Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was treated to this scrumptious squash dish a few years ago at a holiday potluck. Everyone there demanded the recipe!
- 2 lbs yellow squash, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 1⁄4 cups dry Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook squash and onion together in the two tablespoons of butter until the vegetables are soft.
- Drain well.
- Mix in soup, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Combine half of herb stuffing and the 2 cups of cheese with the squash mixture and spread into a greased casserole.
- Mix remaining herb stuffing with the stick of melted butter and scatter over the top of the casserole.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
This was amazing! Took very little prep time and my son loved it too! A permanent addition to our recipe book!