Recipe by Margie Brock
You can't imagine how good this is. You can also add cheese if desired. Its great with a salad.
- 5 lbs yellow squash
- 1 lb shrimp
- 2 onions, small dice
- garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) container low-fat sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) packagepepperidge farms breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up squash and cook in water until tender with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Clean and peel shrimp.
- Sauté in butter with garlic and onions.
- When done add squash, sour cream and water chestnuts.
- Prepare baking dish with 2/3 bread crumbs and melted butter (mix together well).
- Pour squash mixture into baking dish and top with remaining bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.