Recipe by Kitchen Witch Steph
This is my favorite way to have yellow squash. I have to fight my husband for it because he loves it, too. I am estimating all the amounts. I usually just toss mine together with whatever amounts of squash and red pepper I have. I love the bright red and yellow colors dancing in the pan! Sometimes I sprinkle a little balsamic vinegar at the end and let it caramelize on the squash....not as beautiful a color but quite tasty.
- 3 -4 yellow squash, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste (or your favorite seasoning salt)
- 2 -3 fresh basil leaves, chiffonaded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a skillet to medium high and add olive oil.
- Add squash, onions, and red pepper.
- Season to your liking. Salt and pepper now with fresh asil at the end if you wish.
- Saute until lightly browned and tender crisp.
- Sprinkle with basil chiffonade and serve.