2 hrs 15 mins
A delicious way to warm the body and soul on a cold day. Green split peas can be substituted for the yellow.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and sort peas.
- 2Place all ingredients except potatoes in a larger soup pot and bring to a boil.
- 3Cover and reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 30 minutes or so.
- 4Add potatoes and continue to simmer 1-2 hours, or until desired thickness is achieved.
- 5The longer you leave it on the heat, the thicker it will become.
- 6Serve hot with caraway rye bread.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yellow Split Pea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.1
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 25.5 mg
- Sodium 758.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.3 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: