Recipe by cookalot #2
This recipe is from "Discover The Pulse Potential" cookbook. I usually double this recipe as it is low fat, filling, tastes good, and lasts all weekend so I can do other things besides cook. I use low fat ham.
Top Review by ladypit
Oh wow this was good. I douvled the recipe and quadrupled the ham (turkey ham) because I had two cups in a bag. I used beef bouillon amd a few less carrots then called for. This was flavorful and filling and wonderful with some bread and oranges. Thanks!
- 236.59 ml yellow split peas
- 946.36 ml water
- 1-2 chicken bouillon cubes or 1-2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 177.44 ml chopped carrot
- 177.44 ml chopped potato
- 118.29 ml diced cooked ham
- 1 bay leaf
- 0.59 ml black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine peas, water, bouillon, onion, carrot, potato, ham, and bay leaf.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 45-60 min, or until peas are tender and soup has thickened.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Just before serving add pepper.