Cook1 hr 5 mins
A hearty soup to take the chill off on a cold winter day.
Make and share this Yellow Split Pea Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Put the onion in a large non stick saucepan over medium low heat.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until the onion is wilted and translucent.
- Add the garlic, stir and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the split peas, then the seasonings, hot sauce and the broth.
- Raise the heat to medium and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 1 hour, until the soup is fairly thick.
- Remove the cover and stir well before serving.