1/2 Photos of Yellow Sour Cream Cupcakes
This is a Food Network recipe by the Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten. She called them "Flower Cupcakes" because she placed fresh flowers on the top of them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 extra large eggs (room temp)
- 1 cup sour cream (room temp)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1Preheat oven to 350° and insert paper liners in muffin tins.
- 2Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add eggs two at a time on medium speed of electric mixer.
- 3Add sour cream and vanilla.
- 4Sift together dry ingredients and with mixer on low speed, add to the butter mixture.
- 5Mix just until combined.
- 6Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full with batter and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 7Cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- 8For icing, mix together butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla at low speed of electric mixer until smooth.
- 9Spread frosting generously on each cupcake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yellow Sour Cream Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (2960 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 595.3
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 150.8 mg
- Sodium 287.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 47.9 g
- Protein 5.6 g