Recipe by Marie
This is a Food Network recipe by the Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten. She called them "Flower Cupcakes" because she placed fresh flowers on the top of them.
Top Review by buffyfan#1
Like others have said, the yield is way off. I got 36 cupcakes out of this recipe. I also found that cooking them for 17 min. was the perfect amount of time. The cupcakes were not as good as I had expected. However, the cream cheese icing was phenominal! Next time, I will make a box of betty crocker cupcakes and load it up with the icing. I also thought that they icing would be great as a filling for some puff pastry. My advice, skip the cupcakes and just make a batch of icing instead!!
- 18 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 extra large eggs (room temp)
- 1 cup sour cream (room temp)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter (room temp)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (room temp)
- 3⁄4 lb sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350° and insert paper liners in muffin tins.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add eggs two at a time on medium speed of electric mixer.
- Add sour cream and vanilla.
- Sift together dry ingredients and with mixer on low speed, add to the butter mixture.
- Mix just until combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full with batter and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- For icing, mix together butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla at low speed of electric mixer until smooth.
- Spread frosting generously on each cupcake.