Rice infused with spices and coconut milk. Serve hot as an accompaniment to savoury meat or fish dishes & vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the rice for 1 hour, wash and drain. Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the sliced shallots, stirring all time, for 2 minutes.
- 2Add the rice, turmeric, coriander and cumin, stir fry for another 2 minutes and then put in the coconut milk and the other ingredients.
- 3Boil the mixture, uncovered, stirring it once or twice with a wooden spoon, until the liquid has been soaked up by the rice. Then cover the saucepan tightly and leave on a low heat, undisturbed, for 10 minutes, or finish cooking in the oven or microwave.
- 4Transfer it to a serving dish and take out and discard the cinnamon stick, cloves and kaffir lime or bay leaf.
- 5Serve hot as an accompaniment to savoury meat or fish dishes and vegetables.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yellow Savoury Rice
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 844.6
- Calories from Fat 364
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 30.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 100.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves