Recipe by loveleesmile
Comes from the tabasco site, and is really quick and tasty!
Top Review by Ginny Sue
Very easy and so pretty with the colors from the turmeric, peas, tomatoes, olives and shrimp. Very flavorful as well. I reduced the Tabasco by half for those who don't like things very spicy, then put the Tabasco bottle on the table for those who wanted to add extra. I also like that everything is prepared in one pan, really reducing the cleanup time.
- 1 tablespoon olives or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup peeled small shrimp
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan; add rice and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly golden, stirring frequently.
- Stir in chicken broth, TABASCO® Pepper Sauce, and turmeric; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer about 15 minutes or until most of the broth is absorbed.
- Stir in peas, green onions, tomato, olives and shrimp; cover and simmer for another 5 minutes or until rice is done.