Similar to paella, but served chilled, this colorful summertime dish is the perfect centerpiece at summer outing! Summer is the best season for fresh cilantro and this recipe takes advantage of the herb's refreshing flavor. If you know my plight - I either have to join them (the residents' who always want rice twice a day) and this is the way I am doing it - I'm joining them sort of!! :) BTW - found this on Goya web site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 cup water or 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces goya yellow rice mix
- 2/3 lb large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/3 lb scallops, cleaned & beards removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes
- 1In a saucepan, bring clam juice, water or chicken broth, crushed red pepper flakes, and 1 tablespoons oil to a boil.
- 2Add rice mix, stir and bring back to boil.
- 3Cover, lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- 4Remove from heat and cool.
- 5While rice is cooking, in a skillet, heat 1 tablespoons oil on medium high.
- 6Cook the shellfish until opaque (or lightly browned on both sides) and just done. (3 to 5 minutes)
- 7Remove from heat and cool.
- 8In a blender or in a bowl with a whisk, combine the 1/3 cup oil, vinegar, ketchup and garlic.
- 9In a bowl, combine the onion, red pepper and cilantro.
- 10Gently stir in dressing, cooled rice and cooled shellfish.
- 11Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 12Can be served well chilled or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yellow Rice & Seafood Salad
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.5
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 281.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 15.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
yellow rice mix