Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
A recipe from Epicurious. Delicious served in warm tortilla. I tend to substitute a mild chilli paste as my children do not like very spicy.
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice
- 36.97 ml vegetable oil
- 2.46 ml turmeric
- 473.18 ml water
- 236.59 ml basmati rice
- 4.92 ml salt
- 118.29 ml thinly sliced green onion
- 425.24-453.59 g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 118.29 ml chopped roasted red pepper, from jars
- 118.29 ml chopped green bell pepper
- 78.07 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 7.39 ml minced chipotle chiles
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir 3 teaspoons cumin in small dry skillet over medium heat just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Whisk lime juice and oil into skillet.
- Stir turmeric and remaining cumin in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups water, rice and salt; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover; simmer until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Cool rice. Mix onions and half of dressing into rice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine black beans, all peppers, cilantro, chipotle chilies, and remaining dressing in medium bowl. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mound bean mixture in center of platter. Surround with rice salad.