I like the freshness of the limejuice dressing on the rice. The vibrant yellow color against the dark brown of the black beans and the red from the peppers also makes for a great presentation. This can be a nice vegetarian meal, or as a side dish. This is from July 2001 Gourmet... an oldie but a goodie! It was worth keeping the whole issue just for this recipe. (servings are for a main course, this would stretch much further if used as a side dish)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2.46 ml turmeric
- 473.18 ml water
- 236.59 ml basmati rice
- 4.92 ml salt
- 118.29 ml thinly sliced green onion
- 1Stir 3 teaspoons cumin in small dry skillet set over medium heat until just fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 2Remove from heat and whisk in lime juice and oil, set aside.
- 3Stir turmeric and remaining cumin in heavy medium saucepan set over medium heat until fragrant, about one minute.
- 4Add 2 cups water, rice and salt, bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to low and simmer until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- 6Allow rice to cool and mix in green onions and half of dressing.
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 8Combine black beans, all peppers, cilantro, chipotle chilies and remaining dressing in a medium sized bowl.
- 9Toss to coat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 10Presentation: Mound beans in the center of platter and surround with the rice salad.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yellow Rice Salad W/ Roasted Peppers & Black Beans
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.5
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 594.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: