- 1 cup polished rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons yellow sugar
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raisins or 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 2 teaspoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Put rice, turmeric, cinnamon, salt and sugar in a saucepan.
- Cover with water and boil for 15 minutes, or until rice is tender and all moisture has been absorbed.
- Add raisins and steam in a colander over boiling water for 30 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick, fluff with butter and serve.