Recipe by momaphet
An easy side dish also known as funeral rice. Everyone's stove top produces different heat, adjust cooking temps as you normally do for rice. I like to substitute low salt chicken broth for the water. Use your favorite rice except for brown.
Top Review by awalde
This rice was relly delicious and colorful!
I used only the first tablespoon butter, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 3/4 water as I used basmati rice.
The flavor was perfect and looks wonderful. Thanks for this great recipe!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup rice
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raisin
- 6 whole cloves
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 -2 slice fresh ginger (thin slices)
- 2 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan sauté the rice in 1 tbs butter 3-5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Turn burner to lowest temp, add the raisins, cloves, salt, turmeric, and ginger.
- Cover and simmer gently until the rice is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes, if rice isn't quite done you can add a splash more water if needed.
- Add the butter, fluff up with a fork and discard the ginger.