Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here's another one I don't know where I got and haven't tried. Yellow rice is oldest DS's favorite food, so I have been meaning to make this for awhile. I don't know about the water chestnuts, DH is not a fan. If you get to this before me, let me know how it is! I don't know about the size of the mexicorn (this is a guess), but I think that it only comes in one size.
- 5 ounces yellow rice
- 1 (10 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 ounces diced pimentos, drained
- 8 ounces tiny English peas, drained
- 11 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, sliced and drained
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook rice to package directions.
- Blend soup, sour cream, and butter.
- Combine all ingredients, except cheese, in 7 x 11 dish. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes until hot throughout.
- Top with cheese and bake 5 additional minutes, until melted.