- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 inches cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place turmeric and cumin in a medium saucepan and toss over low heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add rice, 2 cups of water, cinnamon stick and salt; stir once.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 10-12 minutes, or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from heat. Let stand 3 minutes. Remove cinnamon stick and fluff with a fork before serving.