Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a really tasty warm relish type dip, that has a rustic Italian taste to it, its to die for on french bread! Try it, and you'll be hooked.
- 3 yellow peppers, chopped
- 4 -5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt and pepper
- 8 -10 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 -3 teaspoons capers, rinsed and drained
- Brown the peppers in the oil (I use a large wok) or skillet for 7 minutes.
- Add half of the garlic, stir.
- Add canned tomatoes, sugar, and s&p to taste.
- Cook over high heat until reduced to a thick paste.
- Stir in the sundried tomatoes, balsamic, capers and remaining garlic, cool to warm or room temperature to serve.
- Eat with your favorite crusty bread.