Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
adopted 9/15 and addition of unsalted vegetable broth 2/23/07. Note I used a light vegetable broth not dark or roasted.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yellow peppers
- 3⁄4 lb potato, cut into chunks
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock or 3 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon salt (less if using salted broth)
- 1 chipotle pepper (canned)
- parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- extra virgin olive oil (for garnish)
- Cook (sweat) onion, celery, carrot and garlic in olive oil until soft (about 10 minutes).
- Bring stock to a boil.
- Add peppers, potatoes, salt, chipotle and boiling stock.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Puree in food processor or use an immersion blender.
- Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of parmesan and olive oil.
- For a lower fat version use no fat parmesan cheese or omit. Do not use olive oil.
- For Vegetarian do not use chicken broth. Use vegetable broth. For Vegan omit cheese also or use a vegan sub.
Mmmmmm...delicious. I served this as a side dish to some cornish game hens that I made for last nights dinner. It was wonderful! Thank you for an excellent recipe. I will be making this one again for sure.
Oh yeah. This is good.
This is truly a wonderful soup. Highly recommend it.