1/2 Photos of Yellow Pepper Soup
1 hr 5 mins
Chef #208121's Note:
adopted 9/15 and addition of unsalted vegetable broth 2/23/07. Note I used a light vegetable broth not dark or roasted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs yellow peppers
- 3/4 lb potato, cut into chunks
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock or 3 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon salt (less if using salted broth)
- 1 chipotle pepper (canned)
- parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- extra virgin olive oil (for garnish)
- 1Cook (sweat) onion, celery, carrot and garlic in olive oil until soft (about 10 minutes).
- 2Bring stock to a boil.
- 3Add peppers, potatoes, salt, chipotle and boiling stock.
- 4Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- 5Puree in food processor or use an immersion blender.
- 6Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of parmesan and olive oil.
- 7For a lower fat version use no fat parmesan cheese or omit. Do not use olive oil.
- 8For Vegetarian do not use chicken broth. Use vegetable broth. For Vegan omit cheese also or use a vegan sub.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yellow Pepper Soup
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.7
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1826.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 7.6 g