Recipe by Mysterygirl
This is my Mom's recipe and I am posting per a request on the Boards.
Top Review by zeldaz51
While this recipe is written in an old-fashioned way, it is perfectly safe if processed using modern methods. If you are unfamiliar with these techniques, please go to http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/how/can_home.html for the current information.
- 1892.72 ml yellow pear tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 709.77 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 59.16 ml gingerroot or 59.16 ml thinly sliced candied ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash& dry tomatoes.
- Cut a thin slice from blossom end and press out seeds and discard.
- Combine tomatoes, sugar& salt, simmer until sugar is dissolved.
- Boil for about 40 minutes.
- Add thinly sliced lemon and minced or sliced ginger.
- Boil about 10 minutes longer.
- Pour into hot jars and seal at once.