Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a pretty salad, plain red tomatoes are just not enough anymore. Points 1.
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow pear tomatoes, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, cut into slender ribbons
- To make the vinaigrette, in a small bowl, combine the vinegar and shallot and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Add the olive oil, salt and pepper and whisk until well blended.
- In a large serving or salad bowl, toss together all the tomatoes.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the tomatoes, add the basil shreds and toss gently to mix well and coat evenly.
- Serve immediately.
came across this last night and made it this morning...super taste; very simple to make and the flavors really compliment each other. so different from the usual tomato salad. thanks for the great recipe...and i got your email dancer but could not reply; im not a premium member; so hi!