Recipe by carolinafan
This is delicious and did you know yellow peas are low in fat and an excellent source of protein?
- 1 (16 ounce) bag dried split yellow peas, rinsed, sorted
- 1 quart water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 cup julienne-cut carrot (2x1/8x1/8-inch)
- 6 ounces chorizo sausage, casing removed, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn (red and green peppers)
Directions See How It's Made
- In 3-1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients except onions and corn; stir gently to mix.
- Cover; cook on Low setting 7 to 9 hours or until peas are soft.
- Stir in onions and corn. Cover; cook 30 minutes longer or until corn is thoroughly heated.