1/4 Photos of Yellow Melon Muscatel (Melon Salad)
2 hrs 30 mins
Galley Wench's Note:
Another QETH (quick, easy, tasty and healthy) dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, place the sugar, water, lemon juice, vinegar, and ginger. Heat to a boiling, stirring well.
- 2Continue boiling for about 5 minutes, then strain syrup through a fine sieve or cheesecloth into a bowl.
- 4Meanwhile, de-seed the cantaloupes and watermelon. Using a melon baller, collect balls and place in a large bowl.
- 5Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then sprinkle on the muscatel.
- 6Toss gently.
- 7Pour syrup over melon balls and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- 8To serve, decorate with mint sprig.
Browse Our Top Melons Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yellow Melon Muscatel (Melon Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.3
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 46.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 55.5 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: