Sarah Chana's Note:
This simple, easy, consistent noodle kugel was named "Yellow Kugel" by our former boarder (and still friend), Dvora, who had the bad fortune to live with us when I was pregnant with our third kid, and therefore NOT in the mood to cook. I was still able to handle this, so we ate a lot of it. Fortunately, Dvora didn't mind. (Me either) Adapted from a recipe in "The Makings of a Meal."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the first 5 ingredients to a boil in a large-ish pan. Revove from the fire.
- 2Add the noodles, mix, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 3Add the eggs, brown sugar, oil, and mix well.
- 4Bake in a 9"x13" pan at 350F for 45-60 minutes.
- 5This can also be baked in two 9" square or round pans; just check it after 35 minutes to see if it is done.
- 6Freezes and reheats very well.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yellow Kugel (Aka Sweet Noodle Pudding)
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.5
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 67.2 mg
- Sodium 499.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 6.5 g