Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This simple, easy, consistent noodle kugel was named "Yellow Kugel" by our former boarder (and still friend), Dvora, who had the bad fortune to live with us when I was pregnant with our third kid, and therefore NOT in the mood to cook. I was still able to handle this, so we ate a lot of it. Fortunately, Dvora didn't mind. (Me either) Adapted from a recipe in "The Makings of a Meal."
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 16 ounces fine egg noodles
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Bring the first 5 ingredients to a boil in a large-ish pan. Revove from the fire.
- Add the noodles, mix, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, brown sugar, oil, and mix well.
- Bake in a 9"x13" pan at 350F for 45-60 minutes.
- This can also be baked in two 9" square or round pans; just check it after 35 minutes to see if it is done.
- Freezes and reheats very well.
simple kugel that tastes great. We all loved it. Thank you Sarah Chana. Gutte Yuntuf