1 hr 10 mins
Colorful and zesty! I switched yellow grapefruit for pink. Pomelos are a good substitute, too! Prepare the salad dressing at least an hour in advance to allow the ingredients to marinate. From Bon Appetit November 1997.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon freshly ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Prepare dressing by combining ingredients in a non-reactive bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to marinate.
- 2Cut the grapefruit up into bite-size segments and remove seeds. In a bowl, gently toss the arugula and romaine lettuce together.
- 3After cutting up the avocado, drizzle the slices with orange or lemon juice to halt browning.
- 4On individual salad plates, divide the greens.
- 5Arrange the grapefruit segments, avocado and fennel slices equally among each salad plate.
- 6Lightly drizzle each serving with salad dressing. Garnish with a little bit of freshly ground black pepper.
- 7Serve the remaining salad dressing on the side.
Browse Our Top Citrus Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Citrus Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yellow Grapefruit, Avocado and Fennel Salad
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.8
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 37.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g