Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Ricardo
Top Review by Studentchef
What's the best way to enjoy all of your favourite fruits!?! In this salad! This is better than ice cream on a hot summer day, and believe me it got hot all this week, and this was such a refreshing fruit salad to enjoy on such days. One of the things I look for in a recipe (and I've mentioned this in other reviews), is how well it keeps refrigerated. The salad keeps very well, but the sauce is alright. Let the salad and sauce come close to room temperature and the sauce becomes good again.
Lemongrass and Coconut Milk Syrup
- 177.44 ml coconut milk
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml finely chopped fresh lemongrass or 14.79 ml frozen lemongrass, chopped
- 1 medium pineapple, peeled and cubed
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 4 yellow kiwi fruits, peeled and cubed
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 grated lime, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Lemongrass and Coconut Milk Syrup: In a saucepan, bring all the ingredients to a boil. Simmer for about 2 minutes. Strain and refrigerate until completely chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Fruit salad: In a bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Drizzle with the lemongrass and coconut milk syrup just before serving.
- Tips: If you make this fruit salad in advance, add the bananas and kiwis at the last moment. If you can’t find lemongrass, use the grated zest of 1 one lime.