I wanted to make a fried rice similar to the kind served at Mall food courts and the local Chinese buffet. Since the saffron rice is already seasoned, it's faster than ordering take-out!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook rice according to package directions.
- 2Refrigerate until cool or overnight.
- 3In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in 1 Tablespoon butter over medium heat for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 4Remove from skillet.
- 5Add remaining butter; cook egg over medium heat about 1 minute or until almost set, then separate into small pieces, cooking until dry.
- 6Remove from skillet.
- 7Add rice to skillet.
- 8Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat 10 minutes.
- 9Add peas and carrots and onions.
- 10Cook 5 minutes.
- 11Return cooked chicken and egg to the rice mixture.
- 12Add soy sauce.
- 13Cook until all is heated through.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yellow Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.4
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 68.1 mg
- Sodium 323.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice pilaf mix