www.atasteofthai.com I usually add baboo shoots, dried kaffir leaves.
Make and share this Yellow Curry Chicken and Sweet Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, bring 1/2 cup of coconut milk to a boil.
- Add yellow curry paste and simmer until paste is dissolved and fragrant.
- Add remaining coconut milk, fish sauce, brown sugar and sweet potatoes.
- Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and scallions. Stir together with other ingredients, coating well with the curry mixture.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through.
A beautiful dish - it would never have occurred to me to use sweet potatoes in a Thai curry, but the sweetness works really well with the curry flavours! The scallions at the grocer's were looking rather sad so I used a small young leek instead. Added a teaspoon of dried kaffir leaf flakes (definitely recommend!) and served over jasmine rice. Thank you for a lovely recipe!