Recipe by keeney
www.atasteofthai.com I usually add baboo shoots, dried kaffir leaves.
Top Review by stormylee
A beautiful dish - it would never have occurred to me to use sweet potatoes in a Thai curry, but the sweetness works really well with the curry flavours! The scallions at the grocer's were looking rather sad so I used a small young leek instead. Added a teaspoon of dried kaffir leaf flakes (definitely recommend!) and served over jasmine rice. Thank you for a lovely recipe!
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 bunch scallion, white part, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (reserve greens)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, bring 1/2 cup of coconut milk to a boil.
- Add yellow curry paste and simmer until paste is dissolved and fragrant.
- Add remaining coconut milk, fish sauce, brown sugar and sweet potatoes.
- Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and scallions. Stir together with other ingredients, coating well with the curry mixture.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through.