Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A pretty cake that is made from your homemade cake mix, Crumb Cake Mix #121352. Another adaption from Make a Mix Cookery. It is another great cake for a small family.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a non-stick 8 inch round cake pan with non-stick cooking spray or lightly oil and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Scrape batter from side of bowl and beat 1 minute longer.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted off center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, invert onto wire rack and cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, in a medium bowl, beat the egg white until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually beat in sugar until thick and glossy.
- Beat in the corn syrup, vanilla and food coloring until stiff, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Frost cake, serve and enjoy.
Well, this little cake used up the last of Paula's Crumb Cake Mix #1212352 that I had on hand - so I have to whip up another batch. It's a delightful cake with a tender crumb and not too sweet, and a perfect dessert today for the kids and myself. My daughter was thrilled with the pink icing (we've never had coloured icing before) and has demanded I make one for her kindergarten. Thanks Paula.